A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 30 May 2024

Days as a Garment Tech at GANT #2

Embarking on my journey as a garment tech intern at GANT has been an enriching and transformative experience. Over the past few weeks, I have had the opportunity to work closely with the youth and women's outerwear team, a dynamic and innovative group that has broadened my understanding of the fashion industry. One of the most exciting aspects of my internship has been my hands-on experience with CLO 3D, a revolutionary software that has significantly enhanced my skills and knowledge. CLO 3D has proven to be an invaluable tool, not just for me, but for the entire product development (PD) team. This cutting-edge technology allows us to create detailed and accurate 3D garment simulations, streamlining the design process and reducing the need for physical samples. Through my work with CLO 3D, I have learned how to visualize and adjust designs in real-time, making the process more efficient and collaborative. It has been fascinating to see how this software aids in achieving precise fits and finishes, ensuring that each piece meets GANT’s high standards of quality and style. Working with CLO 3D has also highlighted the importance of technology in modern fashion design. The ability to experiment with different fabrics, colors, and patterns digitally has opened up new creative possibilities and enhanced our ability to innovate. For the PD team, this means faster turnaround times and more sustainable practices, as we can make better decisions without the waste associated with traditional prototyping methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.