A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 24 May 2024

Interning at a sustainable swimwear company in Helsinki

  

3.5.24

At the end of March, I started my internship journey at a sustainable swimwear company in Helsinki, Finland. Despite our small team of five, including myself, I've been given the opportunity to immerse myself in every facet of the brand. This comprehensive exposure has proven to be extremely beneficial for my professional growth.

In my initial weeks, I used various software systems of the company and operational workflows. As the marketing intern, my responsibilities include various tasks, from curating engaging social media content to organizing collaborations with influencers and assisting in event coordination.

Drawing upon my expertise in social media, I took the initiative to expand the company's network of influencers, leveraging my connections to establish partnerships through barter deals. This experience into influencer marketing has been a learning for me, offering insights and expanding my skills in ways I hadn't previously encountered.

Additionally, I've been entrusted with integrating behind-the-scenes content into our social media channels, with a focus on Instagram. While I create spontaneous content on my personal platforms, the structured approach required in a professional setting presents a challenge. Encouraging team members to participate in front of the camera has been particularly rewarding, albeit time-consuming.

Planning content creation sessions, complete with considerations for lighting, audio quality, and wardrobe variations, has underscored the importance of planning and adaptability. The dynamic nature of the small company has further emphasized the need for flexibility, as we navigate through spontaneous changes and unexpected opportunities that arise.

Each day presents new possibilities and challenges. I really appreciate the company's ever changing daily rhythm and the constant change, which makes me feel like we are always on the move. I will share more about my enriching experiences, including an unforgettable company trip, in the upcoming blog.

Best regards,

Hana Schwalbe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.