A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 3 May 2024

Building a sustainable fashion community (1/3)

 Hi everyone! 


It has been a while since we all embarked on our own individual adventures. For some time I have had a business idea in the back of my mind. Slowly but surely taking shape. Therefore, I decided to start taking it seriously by dedicating my field study to developing it further with the help of Drivhuset. 


For a couple of years, I have been a sustainable fashion enthusiast both personally and professionally. What I have noticed over time is that a lot of people are interested in learning how to enjoy fashion sustainably, but often don´t know where to start as there is a lot of misleading information out there. People have expressed that they feel overwhelmed and demotivated after hearing all the negative stories. Therefore, I decided to make it my mission to bring joy and inspiration back into sustainable fashion by making it a more accessible and light-hearted topic. I want to do this through organizing frequent inspiring workshops, events, lectures and discussions, blending the academic, professional and consumer.

 

The past weeks I have been refining my idea. Who is my target audience? What value can I bring? And how can I make such a social initiative profitable? Drivhuset has provided invaluable guidance in approaching these questions. Last week, the other entrepreneurship students and I finished a 4-day crash course in starting a business, gaining insights into researching the target market, competitors, branding, financing and pitching. It was great to have the opportunity to work with our ideas while getting real-time feedback from experts! 


Finally, I had the chance to go back to The Netherlands, my target market, to interview my potential target audience. I had very interesting conversations about their views on the topic! The upcoming weeks I am going analyse these conversations to better understand how young adult consumers consider sustainability in fashion and how it influences their consumer behavior. 


I am excited to share these new insights with you! 


Hanne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.