A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 16 February 2015

Sourcing New Brands

Hello,

like I have told you last time I was supposed to join my workmates to Copenhagen Fashion Week to look out for new brands to collaborate with. We went there for one night only and tried to talk to as many interesting brands as possible but it takes just so much time going round the fashion fairs and investigate each stall, so in the end we unfortunately missed out on some areas.

All in all it was a successful trip though. My bosses wanted to focus on Scandinavian brands only for their next pop-up showroom, so they mostly talked to those brands and tried to establish relationships with quite small labels that are not represented in Sweden/ Gothenburg yet.

I, on the other hand, was more interested in the German based brands, which were surprisingly interesting and I also spotted some designers from the UK, that I have been a fan of for some time. I even walked past the Danish princess, as she was visiting the fairs as well... ;)

But back to business: As young entrepreneurs it is quite hard to convince brands to work with you but it is not impossible. Many labels were delighted to hear about the unique concept we were representing (a showroom with sample pieces that can be ordered for home delivery via the online boutique). Others were of course sceptical but I am sure the girls from the company I worked for will do a great job getting new, exciting brands on board for their next project.

My internship is over now and I have already gotten back to "normal" student life in Borås. It feels a bit weird and I cannot wait to finish my studies and start a job or traineeship, thanks to the insights this field study has given me.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.