A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Individual field study 2

Summer has passed fast and I have tried to work on my research as much as I’ve possible could beside my summer job. I think I’m probably not the only one who feels exhausted in this heat, and writing up research is not the first thing that comes to mind after working for nine hours. 

I have listened interesting seminars/lectures about advertising for the research seminar- task of this course. What has especially caught my interest is eye tracking related to visual marketing communications. I actually remember Jenny telling me about eye tracking in our earlier research check up- meetings, but I somehow didn’t realize how I could actually integrate it to my work. What I’m about to do with my current work, is to include findings of the research seminar I viewed online into my work’s theory part and base some of my analysis on it. I'll probably also keep eye tracking in my mind for the near future thesis project.

Whenever I get my theory ready (seems like never) I will fully concentrate on analyzing visual imagery of companies’ marketing communications. It will be interesting to break the images down in separate features and then make conclusions on what these images have in common. 

Writing up this thing makes me wonder if there can ever be too many hours to actually be ready with this kind of work. I at least never seem happy with what I have previously written. Is it just me and my perfectionist nature talking? 

/Essi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.