A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 9 August 2020

Part III: Research assistance in scalability strategies used by the fashion industry to increase CBM activities

Dear all,

this is my final blog entry, and I can tell you that this field study has been a rollercoaster! One moment I was really satisfied with all the theoretical background I researched, the next I doubted its relevance for the whole case. In the end I had to cut down the word count by two thirds, which hurt a lot due to all that time and effort of establishing an informative background for the reader.
However, I admit that I lost the research question out of sight and included a lot of interesting but not as relevant facts. Also, I focused too much on the establishment of the mapping framework, which solely had the function to exemplify scalability strategies used by the industry.
However, this process also pointed out that the developed Scalability Matrix Model by Hultberg et al. is only applicable on a general level rather than showing off a road map of actions towards increased circular business model (CBM) scalability. In general, my findings of what the industry is currently pursuing to increase CBMs is performed with the aim towards efficiency, rather than adaptability. Also, collaboration seems to be preferred in uncertain fields, whereas "safe" practices are carried out individually.

Enjoy the rest of the summer – and see you soon! :-)

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.