A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 18 August 2016

Last days

Last days ar Studio Pauline van Dongen are passing very fast so my focus is now mostly on finishing the projects I started earlier, summarizing my experience and preparing for the field study presentation. During my 6 moths here, I improved the social media communication of the conpany, created forms and layouts for overall brand communication and helped the company to reached broader audience by partnering with renowned technological and  fashion fairs and various magazines from field if technology, sport, outdoor and lifestyle. As I was as well  in charge of studio's office management, I always needed to be one step ahaed by for exanple preparing all the desired documents for our collaboration partners and weekly meetings or by arranging neccessary logistics steps in order to deliver the best performance on fairs, conferences and exhibitions.

And what this experience gave me? Well, overall I believe that my listening, speaking and networking  skills improved very much, giving me the opportunity to explore the world of wearables from different perspectives. Working closely with an international team every day also gave me a lot more understanding and empathy. Dealing with problems, team work and meeting deadlines were also few of the skills that I though I'm lacking a bit but thanks to this internship, I am also more concious about other's problems, opinions and cultural differences. To sum up, being organized, prepared and effectively manage my  time are only few of the positive values I gained. I'm very looking forward to further improve them and possibly later find a job among as great and honest team as Pauline van Dongen's was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.