A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 11 August 2018

Blog Entry 3. Internship at VIC Textiltvätt AB in Kållered!


Hi Everyone,
In this final entry I will let you know what I have learned from my internship at VIC Textiltvätt.
While reflecting on what has been learned, much of my learning has circled around ‘change’ in terms of contributing to improve and enhance what VIC already does.
I have surely learned a lot but there are a few things that stands out.
Firstly, one of the most important things that I have learned is that;

Change takes time
: The timespan required for the change may depend whether the change is minor or major in nature but the essential in this is that it cannot be forced. Perhaps it is better to say that a change therefore requires time?
During my internship, one of the major changes I was a part of, was that one of introducing the new system of incoming laundry and teach the employees in the independent shops.
However, teaching all employees in the three independent shops takes time and is not something that is done within a week or a month.

Change is inevitable
: This is because the world around us is undergoing change(s) more or less all the time and things, circumstances changes with time.
Time came to a point where VIC felt that their traditional system of recording incoming laundry by hand wasn’t enough, but with a new digital system featuring a text message function, VIC felt and feel so far that the new system suites them better than the old one, as it also matches their ambition of being a modern dry cleaning business.

Change is necessary: In similarity to what I mentioned above, change is also necessary.
For VIC it was obvious, as for them to be the modern, forward-thinking business they want to be, it simply does not give a serious impression if they never would have considered changing aspects or things in their way of delivering their services.

I have enjoyed my internship very much, and last week, we received over 100 bags of ‘skador’.
Good for business, but a lot of work awaits them.
I will be dealing with some of this the coming weeks.




Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and feelings about my internship.

/ Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.