A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Summing up


In this third and last blog entry, it’s time to wrap it all up. I had a wonderful internship period at KappAhl. Those eight weeks certainly flew by but oh so much I've learnt. The coolest thing for me was to actually experience the life at a corporate fashion firm. With small daily contributions along with big results and also major changes (which is part of the corporate life!), I’ve experienced a fantastic and positive work environment with employees who are passionate and truly engaged in their work. I finally see the full picture of the textile value chain and have become familiar with its different parts and processes. What I found most exciting was to be part of the range planning, the building and creation of a collection, from fashion forecasting all the way to a finished product. Thereafter, it’s of course also interesting to follow the performances on the market! My written report further digs deeper into the circular life of fashion products and sustainable supply chain management. I took great interest in being part of all different kinds of activities as well as in doing my best to support both buyers and designers. I love how the company welcomed and appreciated initiatives and the color management project in particular was my favorite one. Of course, there is much more to discover and learn. Therefore, I was also happy to get to back up for vacationing colleagues. Last but not least, I wish you all a nice continuation of the summer.