A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 15 July 2021

It's almost the end of the internship whilst just the start of the project (2/3)

It is my second last week at my internship at a small, local, slow fashion brand – the time has been flying! Since the last post, my tasks have shifted a bit as the actual staff members of the company have been on holidays on a circulating basis. Whereas earlier I had only been working under the creative director and designer, for the last couple of weeks I have also been taking care of some of the tasks of the sales and marketing coordinator in forms customer communication and web shop orders that are sent from the stock of the studio store, while she has been on holidays.

As the days have been filled with primary projects and tasks of the brand, my customer segmentation project has been postponed and shrunk a bit. However, the project is under planning and will be my main task for the last week of my internship, once my tasks with SS22 collection are done.

The core of the project has shifted more from segmentation to updating the brand’s buyer persona profile, which was originally created several years ago. Since then, the company has grown its sales especially on its own web shop, whereas earlier the sales have almost solely happened through stockist retailers. 

Having straight contact with the customers through the web shop as well as social media, creates a great source of non-biased information for persona formation in forms of Google analytics as well as Instagram and Facebook statistics. These stats will be my main sources of data for the project. I have been given rather free hands with the project and I’m interested to see what I can find and see through the data, and how the processed data can help the company to improve and in which areas.

My next post should come out after a week or so, and hopefully then I’ll be able to share some insights of my buyer persona project.

// Liisi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.