A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 28 November 2014

Back to work

It’s been already four weeks since I am back in Berlin. Yes, back - I have been already working here in summer and that makes me feel very comfortable here. The beginning of November wasn’t like coming to a new place as an intern, being a bit stressed, unsure what's gonna happen. In fact,  it was coming back to the people and place I know and like and the city I really enjoy living in. I must say, I am very lucky! 

So all ‘introduction days’ weren’t really happening in my case. From the first day I exactly knew what I have to do and that makes me feel as if I actually never left this place!

Ok, not everything is completely the same as in summer, and I don't mean just the weather here. Since I know the company pretty well right now, I got couple of new tasks, so more work, less free time , more responsibility,  but it also means more experience, we all know how important it is. 



The company I'm working in is based in Berlin and it's rather small, however it's not a start up. It's women fashion brand, however some pieces are unisex and already got some supporters among men, too.

Right now we are working on spring/summer 2015 collection. As you can probably imagine, it means A LOT of work. I am not responsible for design, obviously, but finding and contacting suppliers etc is on me, so I’m learning a lot, from buttons’ materials to embroidery techniques. 

In upcoming posts I am gonna focus on some aspects of collection production, so those of you who are not working with this particularly, can get an idea how we do it in Berlin!

Greetings from Germany! 

Tschussie! (Learning German in progress too)


//Beata



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.