A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 23 November 2014

First two weeks

I have now completed two weeks of this internship. Two weeks with new impressions, new people and a lot of work. When I started to think of what I wanted to do with this field study I though of doing something that would be beneficial for the future. Since I think that I want to work with purchasing, I quickly decided that I wanted to be a part of a buying department and learn more about it.

During these eight weeks I am going to work in a team with one product manager and one product manager assistant, and together with them we are responsible for purchasing dresses, skirts and heavy knitwear. It is very diversified assignments and a huge part includes supplier contact and handle different garment samples.

The first week were only used to get to know everybody at the office, all of them are very kind and helpful. I sense that they are happy that I am there and that they really want me to learn as much as possible. The are a couple of computer programs that I have been educated in, these programs are really good to know because many fashion companies are using these when they are placing their orders and handle all the garment samples.


During these two first weeks I have realized that I am exited to step out to the “real” world and start working with purchasing. It is hard to know exactly what you want to work with when you only have been studying the subject. It is first when you go out and experience that you will understand, and know I know, this is exactly what I want to do. I have already learned a lot during these two weeks, so I am exited for the upcoming period and hopefully I will learn even more.

Stay tuned.
/Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.