A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 27 November 2014

The first weeks


It has now been almost three weeks at the e-commerce company I am doing my internship at. Three weeks of new impressions and a lot of new knowledge. It is really fun to be a part of this young, and still relatively small, company. Decisions are made fast and every day is different, you never get bored of it.

Yesterday I visited a sales meeting with a kids clothing brand for AW15 and today I was running around at the warehouse to pick up clothes to shoot for the website. Since everything in the company is located in the same building, it is easy to see the whole picture of how the company is working from they get the delivery to when you can see the clothes online.

I am doing my internship at the purchasing department of kids’ clothes. Since the company sell solely online, it includes a lot of publishing and to write product texts that will generate a large amount of so called “clicks”. It is important to be seen on the first page when using for example Google to search for kids clothing shops online. If you’re not ranked high on the first page, you literally don’t exist in this world. This is a whole new way of viewing retailing for me and it is therefore fun to see how you write actually can increase the sales of a product. Hopefully I will be an expert on that when I finish my internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.