A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 5 June 2017

Field study -> COMPLETE!

Hey all! 😊

I'm writing this post after have already presented the results of my field study, so now it's time to share them with you :) First of all, I would like to comment how it went with the interviews analysis 😔 For doing so, I followed a hermeneutic process, which means, that I had to read the ten transcriptions several times while taking notes, trying to find a common thread in all the answers... And I did!!! :D There were some similarities acrosss the interview transcriptions, as well as, there weren't big differences between male and female's answers.  Like this, the big majority of the interviewees affirmed that they prefer to avoid contact with salespersons when they go shopping, because they enter the shop with a clear idea about what they want , hence, they feel interrupted if the salesperson offers them help. This is more frequent between men than in the case of women. Nevertheless, they appreciate when the salesperson give them advice in the fitting room as well as show them alternatives, although, the salesperson should not become too pushy trying to sell something. Furthermore, most of the customers have also experimented a bad experience in fast-fashion stores, and half of the interviewees stated that when they receive a bad service they leave the store annoyed, buying an analogous product in another boutique. Finally, the features of salespersons that are more appreciated by customers are: friendliness, honesty, patience, information about the products that they are selling and understanding about the customers needs.

It seems that basically what customers expect from salespersons are the 'six minimums' which I commented in the last post right?

I think that these results will definitely influence the way I work from now on in a better way! So I'm happy to end the course with my goal complete!

Happy summer to everyone! 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.