A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 19 July 2019

Blog 2/3

I have been a bit behind on my postings, so I will have my next 2 posts quite close in time. Since my last post not much has changed. I am still doing influencer marketing and it is quite difficult since the owner gives herself many parameters. We can basically only contact Swedish influencers and since we are in a certain age group there are only so many influencers with our parameters in Sweden. Also the age group is older women and they ask for a lot of money. I have discovered there is a whole sector of older women influencers, it's crazy! Unfortunately they are quite hard to reach and in my experience can be very rude. I honesty think we have only had a sale form an influencer but we continue doing the same anyways. Before starting this internship I was very interested in influencer marketing and I truly believed this was something I strongly wanted to work with in my carrier. I have written one of my past thesis in this topic and it always fascinated me as a marketer. This internship has allowed me to put that into practice and explore other areas and I have come to terms with myself that I do not like the practice of influencer marketing but more the science behind it.  I have also been able to talk to others whom have done influencer marketing before, for other companies, and get tricks and tips as to how to find them. It is very interesting, but I find it all very false and you have to basically be "extra nice" and fake to them offering them free things and money in the hopes they are interested in your brand. I tried different tactics because I feel our brand is very unique and not a basic ff brand.  For example I invited them to our shop and have them get free measurements and customize their own garment, but unfortunately it is very hard to get a reply. Due to this we only concentrate on the micro influencers, which honestly do not give us sales. I did though get one with many followers to be interested, around 14k followers but unfortunately my boss did not find her as interesting and we lost the contact. It is quite difficult to have a lot of freedom on a task or project, but then receive the restrictions after you do something.  Aside of this I am on my own a lot of the time, my boss went on a family trip for a week, so I was basically in charge of the whole store that week, also on weekends when I have to go in, I open and close the shop myself. It is quite a big responsibility as I am the only one there. I did sell a scarf the other day from a mother's day campaign I made, so I was happy from that. 
There is a man who comes in the shop and has meetings with us. He is a consultant and runs the web page and campaigns. His name is Zlatan and he comes in every 2 weeks or so for 2 hours and basically shows us analytics. We discuss the web page with him and any bugs or technical issues we might find within.  That is all from now, happy summer to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.