A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 26 July 2019

Internship blogpost 2/3

Hello again!

In my previous post I told you about my internship at Helsinki Fashion Week where I and another intern are conducting a research on animal leather transparency. This time I will update you a little bit about our progress with this project. One of the biggest issues that we discuss in our report is the lack of efficient traceability for leather raw material, which consequently affects negatively to the overall transparency of the entire leather supply chain.. The report is nearly finished but now we are also developing a transparency questionnaire for brands that sell animal leather products. We hope to publish them both simultaneously since they are closely connected to each other and together they will create even bigger statement for the transparency requirements within the leather industry.

-Marita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.