A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 19 July 2019

TIMEOUT Jeans Chapter 3: end of a great experience





Hello everyone,

My last weeks at Timeout have been great, I had a lot of work to do, but everything has been super interesting and involving.

It was time for our suppliers to start sending some new ideas for the SS2020 collection. We have been buried in garments, literally! We have been receiving new deliveries everyday, which implied a lot of cataloguing work, but also a lot of fun: new colours, new designs and patterns and the best part of it was choosing what to keep and what to leave, of course. Most of our clients go for a very simple and formal style, which makes it sometimes difficult for suppliers to reinvent their propositions for the upcoming collections, particularly when it comes to spring-summer, a season that naturally brings bright colours and loose garments. Anyway, a lot of pieces means a lot of choice that enabled us to pick the right garments and put the final collection together.

The next step was organising quantities and deliveries, hoping that suppliers will keep up with the schedule. Some of the pieces we decided to introduce in the upcoming season have been ordered in lower quantities, since they represent a little test we wanted to do with our customers, and lower quantities mean less risk.

Overall, at the end of this journey, my experience has been wonderful. I have been able to deal with the reality of a buying office and managed to understand a lot of complex inner workings. Now that it is over, I am sure I will miss it! I had a great mentor that guided me with a lot of patience and gave me great knowledge throughout these months. I hope to be back very soon.

Have a nice summertime!

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.