A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 12 June 2020

Clothing Fits…. Who Exactly?

A few weeks ago, I posted a questionnaire that included a link to a survey. I wanted to get some insight into the mystery of clothing sizes and fit and have actual data on how people choose their sizes. First, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who filled out the survey! You input has been incredibly helpful.
It’s taken me quite a while to wade through all the numbers and to be honest the scope and variables of this kind of data collection were a lot more complex than I initially anticipated. However, I found it really interesting and also was quite surprised by what I learned.
Entirely my study with Jenny Balkow so far explore that fit evaluation at an individual level is subtle and very complex. Also, women’s fit expectations relay on interpretations of individuals bodily aspirations. If these expectations are not met by sizing system of fashion retailers the following cloths are more likely to remain unsold can produce textile waste. 
I must admit, I learnt a lot from Jenny and being able to explore the fact from different perspective, which made me more interested on this topic that I don´t mind investing more time to know more about how people choose size than I initially expected.

Your comments are appreciated and Happy summer!

Thank you,
Khadiza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.