A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 16 June 2020

The Challenging Increase of Online Customer Returns in Fashion - A literature Review (3)

As we now go into a long-awaited summer vacation, the final field study report is finally handed in. The motivation to sit inside and write has faded during the last weeks, and thereby did the report not get finished in time for the presentations in the beginning of June, however as expected. What took most of the time was formulation of all the themes derived from the literature review, followed by the conclusion of the study. Such a simple thing as organizing all the references took several hours as well.

The last couple of days before the submission of the report has been spent with my aunt. We did go through the study together, and by doing so getting important and good insights from her as a bystander. Since the tuition with Jenny has been held online making it more difficult to show my progress in words, and also that the last scheduled time was in May, my aunt has been as a mentor for me in the process of writing my final report. It is always useful to have someone outside of your process to have a look at it, because that person sees things with new eyes that you don't due to blindness of your own work (just my own thoughts). Together, we managed to get a grip of how the second part of the report should be formulated which I had such difficulties of understanding (where concepts of the study where to be defined). Since the purpose of my report isn't about defining a concept, but to give an overview of the field of research on the topic of online customer returns and show gaps for future research, it was hard to understand what I was suppose to "define" in that section. The section ended up being called "The challenge with online customer returns", and it shortly treats the main challenges with that phenomena, finishing of with the purpose of the study in order to show the importance and relevance of doing my study on the chosen topic.

Now a hectic job awaits with creating a power point presentation for the seminars on 18th June, where I plan on presenting my results. I hope to make it on time, otherwise there is nothing else to do than await the seminars in August. The presentation needs to "wow" the audience, and thereby time and accuracy is needed for the creation of the power point. You only have 15 minutes to present, so it is of big importance to carefully chose what parts to bring forward from your field study report. The audience, my fellow students, should learn and bring something important with them from my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.