A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 12 July 2020

Blog 2/3: Update about my working experience at Tchibo and my field study progress

Dear all, 

I hope everyone is still healthy and is enjoying summer!

It has been two months already since I have started my internship at the SEO department of the company Tchibo in Germany. It is time for another update about my working experience as an intern and about my field study progress. 

First of all, I really enjoy working at the company. Although everyone is working from home, my team is trying to provide insights in every kind of way. I am actually very surprised how well everything is going however the pandemic had a huge impact on working surroundings. My portfolio of tasks has increased and therefore I am gaining so much practical knowledge. Most of the time I am responsible to track keyword analysis, update specific SEO information on the website as product text passages, meta-descriptions and related photo images and I am responsible to talk to our content agency about upcoming important topics. What I really enjoyed the last couple of weeks was, to get more creative tasks and more responsibility. I am now responsible to make suggestions for our SEO coffee related text passages. This includes to research about important and interesting information, telling a story to the customer and spreading emotions. Moreover, I am also getting more and more analytical tasks, which I really enjoy, trying to find the best solutions while analysing analytical data. I already mentioned before, that I am a member of a project team with the focus on the optimization of the check-out process of the company, which will be a part of my field study.

Working in the project team really supports me to get more ideas and impacts for my field study. I was responsible to conduct a benchmark analysis, focusing on seven different competitors including online fashion pure players like Zalando and AboutYou. Moreover, our project highlight was the event of the “UX BUS”. The event can be described as a qualitative observation. An observation team out of ten people, including myself were responsible to conduct findings while observing six participants who scrolled throughout our check-out process online, answering questions and giving feedback to the presenter. I find it very interesting to see the different actions of different participants and also to collect findings, which were already discussed beforehand. 

I get so many interesting insights however I am really struggling to conduct the right literature. I will provide you an more detailed update on that on my next blog entry. 

#staysafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.