A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 26 July 2020

Work in Progress

Hi All,

almost August - time flies.
I hope you are all doing well and are healthy!

I’ll start with a quick reminder about my research topic: For the field study I am conducting a systematic literature review regarding Blockchain in textile and clothing supply chains. The aim of my research is to describe the status quo of Blockchain in this particular industry and to identify new research areas and questions.
Therefore, I have been busy reading and analysing the papers under review in the past few weeks and found some commonalities and repetitive themes across the literature. In general, however, it proved to be quite difficult to compare the different papers since they often only touch the field of textile and clothing supply chain and mainly revolve around a different topic, such as intellectual property law in the fashion industry. However, due to the lack of available sources, these articles were still taken into consideration for the analysis.
The themes that were identified as most important are supply chain transparency, traceability and visibility as well as data management in general, efficiency, ethicality in terms of environment, labour conditions and counterfeit. In the next step my aim is to map these themes to Blockchain capabilities and analyse to which degree the technology can help with these issues.

Wish me luck, wish you luck.
And see you all soon 😊!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.