A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 6 August 2021

Final Digital Marketing Update

 Hi all,

Here I am, finally writing my final blog post for the field study. My last week's in my internship have been proving very busy as I take on more responsibilities, even at the end! Though my field study project is on content marketing my role expanded beyond this so content marketing became only a small part of what I was doing. Instead, I was focusing on content marketing management, strategy, email marketing, Google ads and even some merchandising management, a real mixed bag!

I decided, in the end, to do a content analysis to determine how well the company's content fit into a content marketing framework; I began with De Plessis' 2015 content marketing framework as a basis for the coding schematic as well as my literature review on the use of core values to inform marketing strategy and used Ho et al. (2015) strategic content marketing framework to analyse the company's strategic content marketing process. In doing so I was attempting to explore how the company uses content marketing strategy to inform their content marketing creation and output and how do the core values of the brand inform the content marketing strategy. 

Many academics have outlined the need for consistent, quality content that aligns with the brand values, so while this case study did not set out to develop a new theory it did provide a rich and deep insight into how content marketing strategy works in the context of a fashion-tech start-up in its infancy.

I have enjoyed my time with this company and though I sometimes felt the breadth of work I took on was not totally relevant to my project, I did learn a lot that I believe will be useful in the next year of this master's and in my career.

Well done everyone on their field study, looking forward to the new semester already.

Slán go bhaile, Fiona Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.