A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 24 April 2020

Approaches of visual communication in digital marketing from a fashion retail perspective.

Blog 1/3


I am Rayhan, a masters student of fashion marketing and management of AW19. This is my first blog on a university webpage and I am pretty excited though the current pandemic situation is not helping me to concentrate on my field studies.

The beginning of this course was a bit stressful for me! I managed an internship in one of the fashion brand companies in Göteborg but couldn’t do that due to the uncertain circumstances of Covid-19. It is true that as a newcomer in Sweden it was quite challenging for me to manage a company internship but I had no other option except to accept the consequences. As it cancelled at the last moment, it made me so frustrated and I had very little time to think about my individual field study! However, my teacher Jenny helped me a lot and guided me to pursue my interest.


Apart from that, I tried to be in contact with the sunny, charming part of Borås to freshen my body and mind. Recently I visited Ramnaparken and walked along the side of the lake. A funny thing I have seen there, a duck was chased by three other ducks that mimic the situation of mine. I am being chased by the upcoming uncertainties of coronavirus, the situation of my family in my home country and the pressure of doing the IFS! Off-course, I have to overcome all those.


My chosen topic is approaches of visual communication in digital marketing from a fashion retail perspective. Human brain can process visuals 60, 000 times faster than text.  And ninety percent of information transmitted to the brain is visual. So, to grab the user’s attention on a digital platform, visual contents play a vital role. Visual communication is referred to as the science of storytelling. It creates relationships between the brand and potential customers. To find out the suitable approaches of visual communication in the digital marketing aspect are the main field of my research. 


Wish me luck and Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.