A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Textile and Fashion 2030 - Use & Consumption

Since the last I wrote, about two weeks have passed. The work is starting to take shape and I am starting to gain more clarity on how to submit my report as I find relevant information. I have also received clear guidelines from my supervisor and researcher Jonas, regarding what to do and what to focus on. I will be introduced to a couple of people who are either active in the Textile and Fashion 2030 project or are working with Mistra Future Fashion to be able to get further information and input.

A structure is being created for how our findings will be presented, until it is completed, information search is ongoing. At present, I am summarizing previous literature in the area of ​​use and consumption linked to sustainable development and minimized environmental impact from a company's perspective. I have read Mistra's publications in the field, which have contributed to a lot of very relevant information. This literature has been partially used and then supplemented with literature from Google Scholar and the University of Borås library database.
Something that is very interesting to reflect on during the work in this section is how incredibly different conclusions literature has depending on when it was published. The older the literature is, the less environmental impact the production stage has seemed to have, and the later the larger. It says a lot about globalization and mass production that has accelerated only in the last 7-10 years.

I have made some changes in my planning over the past two weeks. I have changed the structure of my report and thus also made it somewhat more scaled down. For me, the focus is on producing and finding as clear and accurate business actions as possible - where the biggest impact can be, with as little resources as possible. This is to enable as many textile and fashion companies as possible to implement and adopt the goals.

That was all for me this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.