A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 7 June 2021

Blog 3/3 "Size and Fit" Research Assistant Internship

 

Hej everyone, 

I hope you all are fine and enjoying the summer days!

Really time flies! I am writing the last blog of my Research Assistant Internship. I am happy that I learned a lot during this time period. I have finalized my report and good to present my work. As I mentioned in my previous two blogs that I conducted a Systematic Literature Review (SLR) on size and fit. My topic of research is “ A Review on Customer Size and Fit Dilemma in Virtual Technology: A Study with Respect to Body Size and Body Shape ”. My research work also discusses available technologies from within the manufacturer and consumer's perspective.

I will explain to you a little bit more, Garment fit issues still exist in fashion apparel industries such as “body size and body shape”. I read many articles and most of the articles broadly discussed these “size and fit” issues that cause the return rate. It has been found that virtual technology can be used to solve this problem such as 3D body scanning, virtual fitting rooms (VFR), and 3D mannequins. These technologies are time-efficient, also satisfy the customers, improve the fitting adjustments and reduce the return rates.

So far, I have found this topic very interesting. I have realized that companies need to adopt these technologies it will be beneficial for both manufacturers and customers. It is been a good experience for me to, read articles on different methodologies, and analyze them.

Stay safe, and  Have a great summer to all!

Regards

Aiman Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.