A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 20 June 2021

Three weeks working with collection launch (1/3)

Hi all!

My name is Liisi. I study at the programme of Textile Value Chain Management, and I have previously completed a BA in Fashion Design.

Three weeks ago, I started my internship at a small, Gothenburg-based, women’s slow fashion brand that focuses on knitwear and high-quality natural materials. As the launch of SS22 collection is close by, my tasks thus far have focused on the sales material of the new collection, such as creating a sales catalogue and material book for the upcoming collection. Besides that, I have been working with the brand’s online showroom and an earlier collection’s sales catalogue. Earlier this week we also had a studio day photo shooting the entire new collection on a model. It was interesting to see how it all came together having had the opportunity to observe the planning of the shooting day, choosing a model and logistics.

Besides my hands-on tasks I have had the opportunity to observe the company and have conversations regarding the brand’s sales base and how they communicate with their customers. This has given me some base information and factors to consider regarding my upcoming customer survey/segmentation project that I will do for the company. The same project also acts up as the base for my field study paper where I will write about the process of small business ’customer segmentation.

Hope you all will have a lovely mid-summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.