A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 18 May 2020

Crisis Management


Hi there,

Hope everyone feels good and hope that all of us pass these critical days and months easily. This is my first blog entry which is a bit late as having many things at the same time (which became my life style especially since I’ve started my master program). Well, after the Corona virus outbreak, the first feeling that I have experienced which I believe was almost a universal feeling, was the tension of this situation and a question that occupied my mind was, how the businesses especially in textile and fashion industry in any scale would manage this crisis and would survive?! As generally speaking, obviously clothing and fashion is not the top priority in critical situations like war, natural disasters or diseases outbreak, people would not even think about clothes in most cases and especially after the forced lockdown or even the voluntary quarantine, almost all ceremonies, parties and events were cancelled therefore, people do not need to purchase any outfit for a non-defined date.

I shared all my thoughts with Jenny and she encouraged me to conduct a research on Crisis Management. I decided to do a couple of interviews with business owners or CEOs of fashion/clothing brands then I wrote to a couple of them but so far I just received two reply and positive feedbacks from one CEO of a clothing brand that accepted to do the interview and one from a business owner of a car company in the USA ( I’ve chosen a car company because I just wanted to compare the crisis management policies in a different business) . Although Jenny predicted that this situation is very stressful and people might not accept to interview, and suggested me to do the literature review. All in all, I’m reading articles that are on crisis management and the problem is that I still couldn’t find what I expected, but I’m doing my best though. In my next blog I’ll tell you a bit more on my interesting findings.

I wish all of you best of luck and success.

Best

Kati      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.