A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 17 May 2020

My blog entry about the digital transformation of the supply chain and its influence on sustainability in upstream processes (2/3).

This is my second blog entry here, in which I want to talk about the development of my field study project. I have worked so far on the introduction, problem description, literature review, methods, and results. In between, I had Skype meetings with Olga to talk about the research and the progress, which I am reporting to her every second week. In one of the meetings, we decided to change the introduction and the problem description to have more information in these parts and to have the chance to write a different literature review which is more about the topic itself I am writing about. This is what I have fixed now in the last days. 

After I finished, I went on with the methodology and results. Describing the methodology is hard because I want to be as informative and professional as possible. Additionally, many factors need to be considered. Therefore, I was reading the book of Alan Bryman about social research, which gave me a good direction on how to conduct my research. Afterward, it was time to focus on the analysis and the results.  For this, I found 10 reviewed articles by keyword research. The articles come from well-established research journals. My original plan has been only to use peer-reviewed articles, but the topic I am writing about is very new. The digital transformation has just begun now and therefore not many peer-reviewed articles do exist. As well for the websites, I used well-established webpages of the textile industry. Nevertheless, I was able to collect 20 sources by 10 articles and 10 webpages. Out of them, I formed my results. My next aim is to write a discussion and conclusion. After this, I want to reread the whole paper to improve the language or to add information, which is necessary.

The last days I tried to forget the chaos around me regarding Corona and everything else to write good research. This was working well and I feel that I was very productive in the last days. I want to continue like this to finish my research next week. Subsequently, I want to check every single word again to hand in my research on the 29th of Mai. I am motivated now and I think this is doable for me. Therefore, see you next week with my last blog entry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.