A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 28 May 2020

My blog entry about the digital transformation of the supply chain and its influence on sustainability in upstream processes (3/3).

This is my third and last blog entry here, in which I want to talk about the development of my field study project. I have worked so far on all parts of my article, which is including the literature review, discussion, and conclusion. Additionally, I had a final meeting with Olga to talk about the last corrections I need to do before I hand in. My main concern for the field study now is to review my own paper and to give it a nice journal like outlook.

After my last blog entry, I worked mainly on the results, which is my literature review. The literature review has been made with 10 peer-reviewed journal articles and 10 webpages. All of them will answer the questions in which technologies exist do transform the supply chain digitally, how they affect sustainability in which challenges regarding sustainability do exist. Many results could be found, which needed to be processed in a concise but professional way. Afterwards I have been working on the analysis and discussion and wrote afterwards directly the conclusion, which will answer all questions. 

After finishing everything and receiving the recommendations from Olga I have been working on implementing them. Furthermore, I have been editing my article and I was looking for a way to have a journal-like appearance in the article. After I finished the report to upload this one I was working on my presentation, which I will do in PowerPoint. I was looking for a nice template in order to fill it with the necessary information. This has been challenging as much information has been collected which needs to be presented in a nice way. Therefore, I needed more time than expected for this task.

Personally, the field study has been an enjoyable task to do even though I miss due to Corona the lectures, and contact with my classmates. What has been challenging was the contradicting information about the field study on Ping Pong. Nevertheless, I can understand that it was hard for all parties to collect all information together to write them all down at ping pong in a systematic way. Still this has been stressful many times and was responsible for many discussions. In the end everything went as planned and all the work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.