A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 30 May 2020

Textile and Fashion 2030 - Use & Consumption

Hello again!
Now I am at the final stage of my course and my field study for the Textile and Fashion 2030 project. Since I last wrote I have had full focus on completing my literature review and my final report.
I would like to say that this work consisted of three main parts. The first part was about understanding and formulating my task and my contribution to the Textile and Fashion 2030 project, this part took quite a long time as this depended on the question being processed by a few different people involved in the project before it was clear and could be stated. The second part consisted of going through relevant literature and compiling it in my report and understanding the current state of research in the field. The third phase consisted of drawing conclusions through the literature used for the study, this through deductive reasoning. During this process I came up with several interesting conclusions about how the literature shows quite different results in terms of which process affects the environment most, depending on when it was written / published. Please read my report when it is available to share my findings.

Next week, the final presentation of the work will be done over Zoom - as a virtual defense - which will also be an interesting phase as this presentation method requires a new presentation technique where you need to be technically oriented to preform well. For this I am a little nervous and unsure, as it is new and hard to know what is experienced as most professional and smooth as I have no experience in presenting online on camera. What I guess would be important to think about is camera, lighting, audio and if I should stand up or sit down. Sitting down while presenting would feel kind of weird. Anyway, for this presentation I really need some practice to make sure everything works as expected.

I would really like to share my lessons after the seminar, to be able to give tips on what is important to think about while giving a virtual presentation..

Thank you for reading - and I would love to hear your comments on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.