A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 18 May 2020

Digital transformation of business models in circular economy


Hi all!

Here I’m writing to you the second blog entry of my field study. I would like to talk about the progress I had so far. During my discussions with my coordinator Olga we decided to consider sustainability and circularity into the topic. So my topic about the digital transformation of business models will be discussed in a circular economy perspective. My progress on the introduction to the topic, literature review, and methodology was discussed in one of the skype meetings I had with the coordinator. So we decided to improve the content with more information and motivate the research problem on my topic. I’m working on improving the content as per the valuable guidance.

The research is taking the form of a literature review with a content analysis approach. Therefore I’m following the methodology as per one of our course literature, Business research methods by Alan Bryman. Accordingly I have selected my literature systematically via a keyword search. So I used the keywords “digital” “circular” “business models” “Industry 4.0” “textile and fashion”. Also to gain knowledge in the practical scenario in the topic I’m using industrial reports as secondary data. Primary search resulted in 44 articles including 14 in the textile and fashion industry. Further screening the articles I narrow it down to 15 to incorporate to the analysis of the results.

Currently, I’m working hard to gain results from the selected papers and to draw a conclusion. In my next post, I would like to brief about the results and conclusion of the topic. So motivating myself to see the end of the field study I will meet next week with my last blog entry. So everyone cheer up. The better days are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.