A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 27 July 2015

Internship at Ellos

Hi everyone!

It´s been 4 months since I started my internship at Ellos and it´s been amazing so far. I still can´t believe how fast time flew and there is only one month left...

During these four months I have been working in the womenswear design department. I mostly worked with the designers and product managers from different concepts (preppy, rock-romantic, urban twist and urban classic), but also had a great input in the development of the swimwear SS16 prints. I made some prints that were sent to the suppliers a couple of months ago and I was really excited to see the samples printed on fabrics last week. The rotary printing technique was used and the samples needed to be approved. We checked the samples for any kind of mistakes in the repeat pattern, made sure that the colours are right and the size of the print is appropriate not only for the style, but also for the website and magazine photographs- the print should be clear and visible, not too small, otherwise, it will look blurry in the pictures. 

Some of my responsibilities are making flat sketches, specification sheets, prints, artworks, and updating boards. Moreover, I attended most design meetings and a few collection meetings that helped me get a more clear vision on how things work and how the collections are put together. One of the things that stood out for me was the great contribution of the designers and the whole design department in the creation of the Ellos magazine, by developing a flat plan with the outfits and different combinations of styles, This stage is really important since Ellos has no physical stores and the magazine and  website are the most important marketing channels. I also had the opportunity to attend sustainability meetings, regarding the construction of the “Premium Quality” line, a sustainable line of clothing, which was launched recently. 

The amount of knowledge I acquired at Ellos until now is enormous and the people there are great persons and true professionals. I´m enjoying every moment there and I´m going to get the best out of this last month there.....I´ll keep you updated :)

Mirela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.