A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 27 July 2015

Reflection (2015-07-24)



The field study was an interesting and instructive experience for me. I learned to be more flexible and to improvise and work independently and self-employed. Since the companies were not able to support my research due to their busy schedules, I chose a quantitative approach instead. I created an online survey for textile management students instead and interviewed five former and recent students with different backgrounds in the textile or textile related field.
            It was very interesting to find out how my fellow students experience our program, to hear their suggestions for improvement, and to see the differences between different textile universities.

I found out that the large majority of our students is satisfied with the program, but that they wish for more interaction with textile companies, better support on their search for an internship or a job and a better understanding about what jobs they can do later and what those jobs are really about, with practical examples. Moreover, computer programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator and recent subjects such as social media and online marketing should be addressed more detailed, according to many students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.