A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Taiwan Textile Federation

Before I came here to study, I've worked in Taiwan for 3 years in textile and apparel industry. I know from work that this industry is a highly specialized one. Therefore, to understand the industry as a whole, I visited Taiwan Textile Federation and 5 other industrial association on 7/9. As my topic is about the handling of waste, I asked them if they know what methods their members are currently using. My first impression from the answers they gave me is that mills from upstream are more organized and devoted into this sort of matters compared to mills from downstream.

I am now trying to pull some contacts arranging visits to mills to testify against my first impression and to find out more!

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.