A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 23 June 2015

End of PRE SS16

So, after 3 hard and intense months, the collection of Womens Wear Pre SS16 is done. It's quite interesting how much time and hard work you put down and it ends up with a photo-shot of 15 looks. Or in other cases, 6 minutes of catwalk. The 2 weeks before the photo-shot, all I did was to make sure that all the trims went to the right vendors, where all the garments are made. Most of our vendors are placed in Portugal, Italy and Eastern Europe. We do have one vendor in South Korea who makes all our wool coats. Anyway, so what I've been doing for Pre SS16 was to:

  • trims research - the designer let us know what ideas he has and we take a look with our suppliers if its something we have to develop or if its something they have in house.
  • set the colors for the zippers and place order with the zippers supplier - the finish of the teeth and puller usually follows the rest of the trims metal finishing, the most important thing here is to make sure that the tape color is matching with the fabric colors. 
  • place trims orders for sample - this is when the trim developer places the trims with the suppliers and I do the follow ups. Which means that I make sure that we get all the order confirmations, the delivery dates and the tracking of the shipments. I also have continuously contact with the suppliers and push them to deliver in time, or even earlier if its possible. 
  • delivery of trims - when all the trims arrives to the head quarter, if they're not sent directly to the vendors, I make sure that it's the right finishing, articles and amount. If something is wrong, we have to send it back as soon as possible so that the right trims or zippers will arrive in time for the sales pitch. 
  •  ship out trims - the placement of all the trims on different styles are taken care of by the product developers and they asks me about all the trims and I make sure that they get the right trims to the right vendors. 
  • updating information on all trims - this part is not made only by the end, but occurs continuously during the whole period. what I do here is to update and adding information about all trims, information like suppliers, article, color codes, colors, measurements, composition and so on. it's really important that all the information is correct since the product developer uses the information for placing the production orders, so if an article number or finishing code is wrong, we will end up with 10 000 pieces of metal buttons in wrong finish or color. and that will be on me.
So, this is mostly what I do during my time here. I know that it may sound easy and simple, that's what I thought when I started too. But I can tell you, it is not.
And here is the new collection. Enjoy! 


Acne Studios Resort SS16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.