A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 13 June 2015

Industrial textile waste research

Hi,
There was been some struggle on what to do for my field study. As I wanted to do industrial waste/resource integration feasibility study for my thesis work, I am lucky enough to join a project with 3 other professors and 1 PhD student here in the university. They want to build up a model mapping the waste flow throughout the whole textile value chain, from manufacturing of fibers to the end-of-life of end products. A feasibility perspective would be added to identify obstacles of the current flow.

During the past few weeks, I am reviewing existing literature, finding a suitable theoretical framework for my own part, which focuses on flow of industrial textile waste. I am also designing a questionnaire that I want to hand out to manufacturing companies to get an idea on how they are dealing with their textile waste.

Joanne Tao
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.