A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 8 June 2015

Summary of my field study

During these 10 weeks I have learned incredible much about textile production and about a material that was new to me: jute. During 4 weeks, I stayed in Bangladesh and I met and discussed with local suppliers and manufacturers how it is possible to achieve a nice looking end product in the most sustainable way. I have also drafted a Code of Conduct document and learned more about the different provisions that govern workers' rights and how fashion companies work with these issues today. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better learning experience and I am sure that I will get use of these experience in my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.