A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Eight weeks at Nelly.com

Hello, everyone!

My name is Kajsa and I'm currently studying a master's programme in textile value chain management at the Swedish School of Textiles. It is a two year-programme, and I'm almost done with my first year. I've just started my eight weeks long internship, which is the last thing I will do this semester. I will spend these last two months at the headquarters of Nelly.com here in Borås. Yesterday, I started my second week there, and I love it! I'm spending all of my time at the purchase office of Nelly's own brand, namely NLY Trend. I get to be a part of a team with both buyers and designers, where I play the part of a purchase assistant. I have never worked with anything like this before, but I've learned so much just during these past one and a half weeks. My daily tasks include placing orders, talking to producers, registering orders after we have tried out the clothes on models (sometimes I even get to be the model!), as well as running up and down to the studio, where all of the clothes are being photographed. And so much more!! I'm doing new and different things every day, and I'm really growing into my position at the office. It is so much fun! My biggest passion in life has always been fashion, and to get to work with this every day... That must be the dream! I really love it. 

Right now, we are working with a huge project, which will go viral later this year. I obviously can't tell you guys anything about it, but it has become one of my top priorities right now. And it's so exciting!!! Can't wait until the rest of the world get to be a part of it too!

My colleagues are super nice and welcoming, and I get so much inspiration just by walking through the doors of the HQ. Everyone dresses so nice!

Anyways - I will keep on posting updates about my internship, to let you know how everything goes.

Bye!
/Kajsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.