A blog from the University of Borås

Saturday 22 April 2017

First steps...

Hi all! :)

It has already passed a couple of weeks since I started writing my field study. Finally, I decided to investigate about how to improve the customer shopping experience in fast fashion boutiques, setting the focus in the role that salespersons play.

With this purpose in mind, I will first do a literature review, along with a description of my own thoughts and observations of the shop environment, customer behaviour, and staff tasks for offering a good service (since I work as a sales assistant, I think that this last part would be an interesting reading from the paper) I have also written an in-depth interview which ten volunteers will answer.

My ultimate goal with this research is to improve my performance at work! I feel very motivated keeping in mind that the results of this investigation will have a direct impact in my daily life. I am also curious about what the analysis of the interviews will bring up, because it maybe changes my idea about what customers think when they receive help from a salesperson, what could be improved in the service, and the impact that my job has on their shopping experience.

I will write soon to tell how is it going :) I am a little nervous about interviewing people since I have never done it before (wish me luck! ;)).

Greetings/ María Gómez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.