A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 24 April 2017

LAYERED


5 weeks ago I started my internship at Layered in Stockholm, which is a Swedish design brand that makes carpets, rugs and furniture in a modern and Scandinavian design. During these five weeks I have learned a lot and I work with a team of 11 people where everyone is so nice and inspiring.

During my first two weeks, I have been involved in planning meetings with their new autumn
collection of furniture, where I have also been able to help with the sourcing of new suppliers and also negotiate with them about prices and placing orders around different fabrics. I've also been out to their warehouse where we have taken test samples of the carpets. We compared different carpets with lab dips to see that the ordered carpets look good in color.

Last week I was allowed to take part in a photo shoot for a full day where their new collection of furniture and carpets was photographed. I helped to pack up products, styling etc. I'm very happy that I have the opportunity to have my internship at Layered, as I get the opportunity to do many different tasks. It will also be fun to get the opportunity to continue working with the team at Layered over the summer!

Bye bye!
/Martina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.