A blog from the University of Borås

Tuesday 16 April 2019

8848 internship pt 1

Hi all!


The past two weeks have been beyond exciting and I’ve learnt far more than I could’ve ever imagined at this point. I'm conducting my internship at the buying and the marketing department at the outerwear/sportswear brand 8848 Altitude in Borås.


The first week, I pretty much learned about all processes from the design stage to finished product. I gladly recognized almost all terms and processes thanks to Ahsan Shafiq’s introductory course, e.g. time and action calendar, labdips, pre-production sample, et cetera - it was all the same!


My second week, I got introduced to my internship project, which is developed by 8848. It feels even more exciting to have a project planned by the company themselves seeing that it gives me the opportunity to contribute with something meaningful for them in return. My project finds its main focus within marketing communications, where an extensive competitor analysis has been the starting point for my research. The aim of the competitor analysis will be to find both good and bad examples, in order for me to later come up with the best practice for 8848. The research method of the competitor analysis has been very inductive and unstructured, much different from my previous research methods, which I’ve found quite liberating.


In addition to the project, I’ve participated in meetings, conducted product quality tests, assisted as model on shoot, and shared many laughs with my lovely colleagues. I'm already so grateful for everything I've learned so far.

Happy Easter everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Hooola Pau - so happy that you enjoy your days at 8848!
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Toris!! Right back at you darl:*

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.