A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 11 April 2019

Week 1-2_RH

I’m working as an assistant designer in Rudholm group which is one of the biggest fashion trims and labels company in Sweden. The company is not only the manufacturing of trims and labels but also directly working with clients to produce products, from design to distribution. They produce almost everything such as zippers, zipper pullers, buttons, stoppers, rivets, eyelets, snaps, hangtags, woven labels, printed labels, care labels, cords, tapes and etc. The company try to produce these products with recycled materials as much as they can.
The first week, I learned general information about trims and labels. Also, I helped my mentor to make a new collection. (please see photo) I used magazine photos for my inspiration and found trims and labels from previous years’ collection. It was really fun to create a collection. Also, I created some trim tech packs such as plastic buckles and stoppers for SS2020.
In the second week, I mostly did trim sketches and tech packs. Also, I prepared trim samples in nice presentation boards for customers when they ordered them. 
Now, I got more used to in new environment with new people. The first week of my internship, I was exhausted because I have to wake up every day early in the morning :( However, now I feel much better than the first week of my internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.