A blog from the University of Borås

Monday 15 April 2019

Internship at Hejco


Hello to everyone,

This is my first blog entry. For the first time in my life, I am writing a blog. I would like to share my first impressions with you in the 2nd week of my internship. My internship is at Hejco which a leader company in the light workwear sector. Hejco is a part of Fristads Kansas Group which is one of the biggest workwear companies in Europa. Hejco's products address for health, care, hotel, cleaning, service, restaurant, and kitchen areas. I am working as a vicarious product leader - intern in the product development department. People are really kind and helpful here. I feel like a part of this family. Product development department is responsible for product design, fabric selection, labdip approvals, supplier selection, wear trials, etc. They are actively involved in all areas of the Hejco's textile management until the product is loaded to Hejco's warehouse. Hejco is working with suppliers in Asia and Europe. I'm working a projects-based at Hejco. One of my projects is to find fabric and garment suppliers which have the right requirements for Hejco from Turkey. This project is about my field study. Finding new suppliers in a country where the company has not worked before is an interesting topic for me. Because every country or every company has different requirements to work with a new supplier. I am wondering which issues I will face or there won't be any problem. I will experiment it in the upcoming days. My other project is to map Hejco's supply chain processes and make suggestions and make them effective. Since I have theoretical knowledge on this subject I am very curious about how I will get a result in practice.

/Serkan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.