A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 21 April 2019

Buying Internship pt.1

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter! This weekend has really been a good time for me to reflect over the whirlwind that these past weeks have been. Three weeks ago, I started interning at the buying department at one of the major Swedish retail organisations with its headquarter in Stockholm. My unofficial title is the “side-kick” of the assortment manager which means that not one day is the other alike. Although I've considered myself to be a control-freak my entire life, I must say that I love being in an environment that constantly changes and where not one day is the other alike.

My day-to-day activities range from attending meetings regarding campaign and marketing planning, check-up meetings with different buyers and their assistants, to attending group sessions that plan and coordinate collection drops of the coming seasons. Besides these meetings, I have frequently made overviews over different product ranges available at the retail organisations, and their competitors, to find gaps for new products or price-ranges that the buyers can fill in the market. I have also worked on another, larger, project alongside my daily activities, but more about that in my next blog post.

All in all, I am very grateful to have been given this opportunity to have an internship as a part of my master studies. Getting real-life experience and to actually put what I've learned into practice has been an eyeopener to all opportunities that exist after graduation. But mostly, I'm overly excited to have seven weeks left.

Talk to you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.