A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 28 April 2019

My first month at GANT!

Hola peeps!

My internship at GANT as a Quality Intern makes me walk around the office with a smile on my face :)

It has been such a journey so far, from the very first second. Intense and so much to take in - but it has given me so much! The first week had a strong focus on introduction and I got a broad and good overview of GANT as a company and what they stand for and how they work as an organisation. I also got introduced to the quality department and the work that is being done here. Since the quality part of GANT will be my main home for the whole internship it´s here my focus is. During my time at GANT I´m going to initiate a project - something I really enjoy. I appreciate that they have given me a task and something to work on and implement during my time at their head office.

My project at GANT will also be the task for the report in this course - seems fun and like a good match to combine school with GANT. My project is about creating clear guidelines and instructions for the packaging process - the packing of GANT:s products from the suppliers to their markets where the products are being selled to the end customer. The project´s goal is to facilitate for both the suppliers and also the different departments at GANT - so everyone knows how the different products should be packed. I have started to have meetings with the different departments at GANT and I have also created and sent out a survey to suppliers - all this to get a clear overview on how the process is working today, to be able to make improvements.

The meetings with the different departments are really interesting and it gives me also a better insight in what the daily work looks like. The plan is also to be able to join in at different departments later on to learn more about their work.

I totally enjoy my time at GANT and now it´s halfway - crazy that a month already flew by! I just try to embrace every minute and squeeze out everything I can! :)

I have learnt so much this first month, and can´t wait fo the rest of the time! I have also experienced how it is to eat crackers in an open landscape office :) haha I have been eaten so many crackers during my days at the office - peaks of getting free fruits and crackers everyday!

GANT:s mantra is "Never Stop Learning" and this is a perfect match with my lifestyle - so hungry and excited for what´s around the corner and what to learn next!

Happy "Valborg" and 1:st of May on you all!

Over and out for now from GANTTORA!

xoxoxo <3

         


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.