A blog from the University of Borås

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Hej från Lindex!


Hej everyone!

First of all, it is really good to read that all of you are having such a good time at your internship! I am happy to share a little update from Lindex's HQ in Göteborg where I work at the sustainability department. I guess everyone is familiar with Lindex; a fashion retailer that offers affordable fashion for women and children and aims to empower and inspire women everywhere.
 
Sharing the office room with both the social and environmental sustainability manager is a really good opportunity for me to understand how a company like Lindex is dealing with main issues in the garment industry. As Lindex has production offices in their production countries most operational activities are not taken place in the HQ. My colleagues are more focused on the bigger picture: setting strategies, making sure sustainability is driven by all departments and coordinating the sustainability activities taking place in production offices.

In my daily work I focus on my research on reducing plastics in line with the Ellen MacArthur New Plastics Economy, as Lindex commited to a circular business approach in the new sustainability promise.
The last few weeks I read a lot and spoke to many different decision makers within departments such as purchasing and logistics to understand the process and see how to change habits and redesign packaging. All with the aim to move away from the take, make, disposal model and close the loop for plastic packaging.

I must say I really feel at home even though it is a very big company and I see new faces every day. Everyone is very experienced - many people I spoke to work >20 years for Lindex - but still willing to explain everything and open for new ideas. I enjoy the company of my colleagues and the Swedish office rituals, such as Friday fika - the highlight of my week!

To be continued.. :-)

Wishing you all a happy Easter!


Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.