A blog from the University of Borås

Friday 14 April 2023

Eye tracking studies with Noel G 1/3

Hey fellow interns!

I was initially tasked with conducting an eye-tracking study for an outdoor company's website. The study was meant to help optimize their website's layout, but unfortunately, it had to be terminated due to organizational issues.

Initially, I was disappointed, but I didn't want to give up on exploring the potential of eye-tracking. At the moment I am evaluating different options to what I could do instead, but it leans towards comparing various eye-tracking methods to determine the most effective way to conduct such studies for companies. I think this study could be really beneficial to companies looking to improve their website's layout and user experience in the future.

I realized that eye-tracking is an excellent complement to Google Analytics since it can help companies understand where their customers are looking on the website. This information can be used to optimize a website's layout, ultimately improving the overall customer experience.

This week, I also had the opportunity to assist with an eye-tracking study at a physical store for Handelslabbet. It was an amazing experience, and I learned so much about conducting eye-tracking studies in a physical setting.

To my fellow interns, I hope this encourages you to keep an open mind and take on new opportunities. Even if things don't go as planned, it's essential to stay curious and explore new avenues. Good luck with your internships, and don't hesitate to take on exciting new challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.