A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 26 April 2015

Åhléns Business Area Home


Åhléns Business Area Home

My name is Carolina and I am doing my internship at Åhléns headquarter in Stockholm. I started my internship one month earlier then the rest of the class, so I will give you a small recap.  The first week I got introduced to the staff at the Business area home department, took part of different meetings and got a basic understanding of the different computer systems. At the beginning of March I started to assist the textile buyer of Brands. We have been to a few meetings with potential and existing suppliers, which I found very interesting.


The first pictures down below shows when we were visited the Åhléns DC in Hjordbro.  It was interested to see how the process of placing an order affects the handling of the products at the DC. The next picture shows a meeting where the designers at the home departments went through upcoming trends in textiles, furniture, materials and patterns. The last picture shows yesterday activity where we visited the new floor for home products at Åhléns City in Stockholm.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.