A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday 23 April 2015

My project at KappAhl

Hi everyone!
Now I will tell you a bit more about the main project I have at KappAhl and what I'm doing most of my days. I have got my own "office" in the laboratory department at the company. Here I have an own computer and a Martindale machine that I use for most of my testing project. With this machine I perform abrasion tests with different kind of textile materials and different kind of abradants. With this project the aim is not to test the textile materials, instead the aim is to test the abradants, and hopefully in the end of the project be able to make a conclusion of which abradant that is the most suitable one to use in the future when performing abrasion tests. I have 18 different textile materials to test, and these are going to be tested with 4 different abradants and with 2 different methods, so there is a lot of testing to be done and it will take a long time! Beside this project I also do some other testing, mainly on outerwear. and it can for example be washing tests. I also attend a lot of different kind of meetings, about 2-3 different meetings per week, which is really fun and informative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.