A blog from the University of Borås

Sunday 26 April 2015

My first weeks at Shavel Home Products

Hello from the US, I just finished my first two weeks at a company called Shavel Home Products which is located in Princeton, NJ. SHP is a manufacturer of home textiles such as sheets, blankets, comforters, dog beds etc.. Products are sold through the company’s own website as well as through several retailers. 
There are 8 people working in the office here and I got to spend time with each of them during my first week. This was very helpful in order to find out each person’s responsibilities but it also gave me the chance to ask all kinds of questions. Moreover, I learned how to process sales orders and how to do the invoicing which is part of my every day job tasks. Furthermore, I familiarized myself with the company, its products and its customers. We are currently brainstorming about a project which I will be working on during my time here which will give me the chance to learn more about the company’s entire value chain and their procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.